Montag, 6. April 2009

Udaipur

The ride to Udaipur was my longest so far in one day. It was over 300 kilometers, but the last 100km was really worth it. A very good street, less traffic and a wonderful landscape. Desertlike with a lot of small villages and the colorfullest dressed women I ever saw in Rajasthan. Just imagine some palmtrees and a beautiful sunset... and you maybe can understand I was riding with a huge smile in my face which topped my ussual smile while riding, to the next destination.




Udaipur is a very pleasent town. I got a nice small room in the center and the breakfast was served on the toproof terasse with views to the lake and its palace. But no place with annoyings too: Nearly every restaurant was showing James Bond "Octopussy" every night, because some scenes were shot here in Udaipur. But like always when you look closly enough you find some alternatives, without having any TV around you.






Udaipur is also a great destination for one day trips. A lot of artificial lakes are arround Udaipur and if you have time you should visit the great jain temple in Ranakpur. Made of marble, fine engravings and in the middle of the building is an old knotted tree.







at one of the bigger artificial lakes








Enny had two small collisions. One of them happend at a roundabout with a truck. I just felt an pumper and heard clinking of glass, but fortunatly it wasn't a glas of my lights, it was that of the truck, but the driver didn't care and drove on.

After some days I got invited for dinner from the family who owned the hotel I stayed. I helped in the kitchen first and cleaned up the chickpeas. We ate in the kitchen on the floor. It was a lot of fun and the food tasted superb.

Udaipur was one of those places where I stayed longer then it was planned. It was a good place but after 10 days it was time to continue to Gujarat....

Keine Kommentare: