Montag, 6. April 2009

Aurangabad / Maharashtra

I tried my luck in Aurangabad, just to realize that this double prize system was valid also for the Ellora caves. I went straight to the Tourist Office. The man there told me, that he was as annoyed than me. Because all the money is going straight to the government in New Dehli and is not for the restauration. So his only "advantage" from the new system was very annoyed tourists. He also mentioned that he belives that Indian poeple should pay more than the foreign tourists, because he has never seen a foreigner dancing on the statues or graving their names in the old stones. Indian people are showing less repect to their own cultural heritage than foreigners do.
But the good news was, that only for one cave a ticket was needed. The rest was free. Happly I went to the other dozen caves. More than 30 at all, and you have buddhist, jain and hinduist caves..


the famous cave 16 (the one you had to purchase, if you wonna go in.) The fascinating thing is, that everything what you see in that pictures is not built.... its cut out of the rock!!







Keine Kommentare: