Sonntag, 6. Juli 2008

introduction





This journey took place 7 years ago. I dreamed about it since I had travelled to india in 1993. It was my first journey that ended with the thought: "I dont wanna go home!!" In september 2000 I decided to make a really long journey. I finished my puplic service, made some good money during my studies before and I was single.
So I made my dream come true: going away for 12 months, buying an old enfield,(an old english motorbike: 1 cylinder; 17 horsepowers and damn heavy!), traveling through india and then going back home all the way with that old bike.

Why publishing now online?

I published the story on an austrian online-newspaper, but after some years they erased it. There was also a publication in a motorbike-magazin, which was mainly about my old bike. So nobody knows about this adventure anymore.
But I want people to share my great feelings about this wonderful journey.

I hope you enjoy that blog!!

Please keep in mind, that English is not my main language. So please forgive me my mistakes.

All pictures on this page were shot on film with an olympus compact camera. Most of them are good enough for printing at 30x45cm in photo quality. Those old cameras were amazing. Nevertheless I feel sorry, that I didn´t have a better equipment with me, and I wish I would have had the knowledge about photography that I have now.
(check out: www.petermiletits.com)

The pics are far away from being perfect, but they are telling a story and all of them were made with passion and dignitiy. After that journey I decided to become a photographer. I made the picures because I was traveling alone and for some reason I wanted to share my experiences, my impressions and my feelings.

It will take a while to put everything online, but I`ll try to make regular updates. When it is finished it will cover Nepal, India, Pakistan, Iran and Turkey.



But anyway...let the journey begin...




Keine Kommentare: