Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008

Nepal/Kathmandu

I got a one-way-ticket to Kathmandu. First I wanted to go to Nepal, mainly to make the Annapurna trip. It was October - the right time to do so.

I was up to a funny start. All my flights were delayed. In Paris an airport adviser opened doors for me, which are usually not used by passengers just to catch the flight "Paris- Bombay- Kathmandu" in time.

Bombay airport was great. There were beds for free. Unfortunately I couldn´t change money in the transit aera. Not one of the shops accepted US-dollars, so I asked an indian business man to change some money but he didn´t. He gave me 200 Rupees as a gift!

Kathmandu:

Kathmandu has a great town center. Narrow streets, almost no cars (but nevertheless some drivers tried to drive through them, which was even funnier when another car came from the other direction.)







I spent many hours in these small streets, found many markets, hidden temples and also a lot of buddist wats (temples mainly for tibetian immigrants).








1 Kommentar:

marco hat gesagt…

gooooooooooooood